21 Goals for Being 21
Being 21 in the USA is the key door into official adulthood…even though we are considered adults by 18. ( I know weird )
I don’t feel 21, and I still look like I am 16…and sometimes I feel like I am 18 or 20. Life is strange.
That’s the thing, you never feel your age because you never know how your age is suppose to be like. We all only an age once. And I am not here to philosophy about the idea of age and numbers and how it is unnecessary to life and what not.
Time is ticking and there are things to be done in this ’special’ stage of my life. (It’s not really special, like let us be honest here)
But that does not mean I will try not to make it special! *insert party popper noise here*
I’ve decided to create 21 goals. Goals are a bit personal and just general goals that people who are of official 100% legal age should have.
2. Buy a drink with my own ID.
3. Properly flip pancakes ( I always destroy pancakes, it has gotten out of hand)
4. Learn to be my own best friend.
5. Stop worrying so much about my future. ( Grown-ups don’t know what they are doing half the time either )
6. Accept change, people will leave you, but others will come along.
7. Keep waking up early. (Not like 6am early, but 8am/9am early)
8. Smile to more strangers ( Bring sunshine to the world )
9. Actually read the Lord of the Rings Trilogy ( for real-sies this time )
10. Did I mention get my license? I’m going to throw this in again for emphasis
11. Learn a new skill (like driving), something silly like juggling.
12. Keep making time to read new books
13. Stop being a scary-cat and dye your hair that insane ombre, it grows back. IT IS NOW OR NEVER.
14. Finish at least ONE video game ( FFX or LoZ )
15. Try not to freak out about minor things. Stuff happens sometimes, no need for a mental breakdown.
16. Treat yo self (not every day!, but enough that it makes you feel like it is christmas )
17. Stop being too hard on myself. Walt Disney and J.K Rowling never gave up. So neither should you.
18. Keep raising that credit score!
19. Don’t skip the sunscreen. ( I am dead serious )
20. Expand your literature, read more non-fiction.
21. Create happiness. Remember what Dumbledore said!